Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
But this week, we’re blogging live from RSA Conference 2019 in San Francisco. Several of the updates below surfaced at the massive security event.
Here’s the daily business update for Thursday, March 7, 2019.
7. Malware Discovery: Kaspersky Lab researchers have detected a new malware spreading through the Pirate Bay, one of the most popular torrent trackers, which aims to infect PCs with adware and tools for additional malware installation. Researched named the malware PirateMatryoshka -- after the classic Russian stacking doll.
6. Security Risk List: Gartner says these are the top seven security and risk management trends for 2019.
5. Expelled From RSA Conference: SOAR provider Swimlane was removed from RSA Conference after staging a protest to draw attention to analyst burnout and the cybersecurity talent gap, the company claims. Conference organizers have not commented about the claim.
4. Open Source: Empow, a SIEM provider, has released an open-source attacker intent search module to the Elastic community.
3. Internal Threats: The cost to companies from malware and “malicious insider”-related cyberattacks rose 12 percent in 2018 and accounted for one-third of all cyberattack costs, according to research from Accenture and the Ponemon Institute.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.