Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. U.S. Legislation - Breach Disclosures: Companies are pushing to narrow legislation that would require them to report cyberattacks to the U.S. government, The Wall Street Journal reports.
2. REvil Ransomware Decryptor Key Leaks Online: The universal decryption key for REvil's attack on Kaseya's customers has been leaked on hacking forums allowing researchers their first glimpse of the mysterious key, Bleeping Computer reports. See complete Kaseya VSA cyberattack & recovery timeline here.
3. Ransomware Attacks vs. Schools: The back-to-school season could inspire a new wave of ransomware attacks against K-12, college and university networks, Politico warns.
4. Talent - Cloud Email Security: Abnormal Security has hired PluralSight veteran Anita Grantham as chief people officer. Grantham leads all aspects of Abnormal’s talent and culture strategy, including employee experience, recruiting, rewards, retention, and career development, the company says.
5. Alert Context: The Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform now features alert context functionality to reduce mean-time-to-know (MTTK), the company says.
6. Cyber Risk Management & Compliance Analytics: Telos has launched Xacta 360 1.7 with Essential Data Exchange (EDE) capabilities. EDE "supports a variety of standards that automate the sharing of compliance data among organizations and applications for more efficient, less laborious compliance management, reporting and audit collaboration," the company asserts.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
2. Integration - Endpoint Threat Protection: Recorded Future now integrates with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Moreover, Recorded Future has joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA), an ecosystem of independent software vendors and MSSPs that have integrated their solutions.
3. Partnership - Digital Identity and Security: CompoSecure and Nok Nok Labs are partnering to develop a FIDO-extended solution. The combined technology platform is expected to "enable banks, FinTechs and financial services companies to put in the hands of every user a simple-to-use, personalized and universal digital identity," the two companies say.
4. Partnership - Printer Security: Canon Solutions America is collaborating with Symphion to promote Symphion's Printer Fleet Cybersecurity as a Service.
5. Partnership - Operational Technology (OT) Security: Nuvolo and First Health Advisory have announced a suite of operational technology (OT) security risk management services to protect network connected medical and facilities devices.
6. Partner Program - Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM): Orca Security has unveiled the Orca Security Partner Program to help partners address data protection, CSPM, and vulnerability management across Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce 2021 (August 24-25, Houston, Texas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- BlackBerry Security Summit (October 13, Virtual Event)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar