Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Layoffs Post-Ransomware Attack: CyrusOne, a data center provider, is cutting 55 employees or about 12 percent of its workforce. The cuts come roughly one month after CyrusOne disclosed a ransomware attack that impacted its data centers and six managed services customers. CyrusOne did not disclose whether the layoffs were related to the cyberattack.
2. Ransomware Attacks MSP, Airport: A Sodinokibi ransomware attack spread from an upstate New York hosting provider and MSP to an airport’s IT systems during the Christmas 2019 holiday. The airport paid the ransom and changed MSPs, according to media reports in Albany, New York.
3. Ransomware Stats: What were the most common ransomware strains of 2020? This Emsisoft report offers some context.
4. M&A - Credit Risk Management: LexisNexis Risk Solutions, part of RELX, has is acquiring ID Analytics (IDA) from NortonLifeLock. IDA provides credit and fraud risk solutions for enterprises. The deal comes amid rumors that NortonLifeLock itself is up for sale.
5. India Malware: Over 14 percent of Indians have been affected by Shopper malware, researchers from global cybersecurity and antivirus brand Kaspersky assert, according to Hindustan Times.
6. Iran Cyber Attacks: Hackers allegedly working for Iran recently launched cyberattacks against a major Bahrain oil company, a report says. U.S. federal authorities continue to warn that Iran could launch attacks against U.S. infrastructure.
B. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- CPX 360: Check Point 2020 Conference (January 27-29, New Orleans)
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.