Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Cyber Training: Fortinet continues to invest in NSE Training Institute programs and its Training Advancement Agenda (TAA). For starters, the NSE recently introduced more than 30 free, self-paced technical training courses. Moreover, the NSE Training Institute welcomed such new partners as Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS), Stanford University and University of California, Berkeley.
2. Talent: Red Canary, a Top 250 MSSP and Top 40 MDR (managed detection and response) provider, has hired Google Cloud Security veterans John Turner and Rick Caccia as chief revenue officer and chief marketing officer, respectively. Most recently, Turner was head of sales for Google Cloud’s Security business unit, including both security products and security capabilities within the Google Cloud Platform. Meanwhile, Caccia was the head of marketing for Google Cloud’s Security business unit. The executives also held key posts at Symantec and Exabeam, among other firms.
3. Talent: Vector Flow, which develops AI data-driven physical security solutions, has hired Kyle Elliott as VP of sales, and named Jerry Kane as director of sales, responsible for the company’s channel partner strategy.
4. Talent - EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa): Digital Guardian, a provider of data loss prevention (DLP) and managed detection and response (MDR) services, has hired Richard Orange as its new VP of EMEA sales.
5. Integrations - Network Detection and Response (NDR): CrowdStrike now integrates with multiple network detection and response (NDR) and network threat analytics (NTA) platforms -- including ExtraHop, Vectra, Awake Security, Corelight, Darktrace, IronNet and ThreatWarrior.
6. Integrations - Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR): Vectra, a provider of network detection and response (NDR), has released extended EDR native integration support in the Cognito platform. By unifying the NDR and EDR experience in a single UI, users and partners get "fast, simple, turnkey integrations that offer comprehensive security coverage across the enterprise, IoT devices, hybrid cloud, and cloud native applications," the company says. Key integrations include VMware Carbon Black EDR, VMware Carbon Black Cloud, Sentinel One Singularity, FireEye Endpoint Security, CrowdStrike and Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
7. AWS Cloud Security: Lacework has extended native security support for Amazon Web Services (AWS) -- including AWS Graviton2 and AWS Fargate. These additions give Lacework customers using AWS "in-depth security visibility, threat detection, configuration compliance, and context into cloud security data and changes for all compute types," Lacework says. The supported compute types include virtual machines, containers, containers as services, containers on demand, bare metal and serverless. Lacework adds.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar