Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. BlackBerry Guard MDR Channel Partner Push: CEO John Chen provides early details.
2. M&A - CrowdStrike Acquires Zero Trust Software Company: Here are details.
3. M&A - Australia Cloud Security: Tesserent Ltd. is acquiring iQ3, a secure private cloud service provider in Australia.
4. Ransomware Attacks Government Service Provider: Here are details.
5. Hackers Hit U.S. Federal Agency: Some details are here.
6. Talent: Cyemptive Technologies, a provider of pre-emptive cybersecurity products and technology, has hired Hitachi and HP veteran Lynn McLean as senior VP of sales.
7. Microsoft Security Partnerships: Illusive Networks has joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA). Also, three Illusive Networks products -- Attack Surface Manager, Attack Detection System, and Attack Intelligence System -- are now available via the Microsoft Azure Marketplace, and are integrated across a wide range of Microsoft products, the company says.
8. Cybersecurity Skills Training: RangeForce has introduced a Community Edition of its simulation-based CyberSkills Training Platform. The platform introduces SOC analysts, DevOps, and web application engineers to cloud-based simulated cyber training.
9. Cybersecurity Education- College Diplomas: Georgia Tech has launched a School of Cybersecurity and Privacy.
10. Partnership - XDR: Kognos, an Extended Detection and Response (XDR) investigator platform, now integrates with VMware Carbon Black. Partners and customers gain a "deep and rich analysis on endpoint data to enable alert triage, investigation and response in real time for mutual customers," the companies say.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2020 (October 5-7, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- CrowdStrike Fal.con 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (October 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 17-19, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar