Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Microsoft Research - Russia's Alleged Cyberattacks vs. Ukraine: Microsoft's findings are here.
2. Sophos Research - State of Ransomware: Ransomware attacks hit 66 percent of organizations in 2021, Sophos research revealed. Fully 46 percent of organizations that had data encrypted in a ransomware attack paid the ransom, and the average ransomware payment increased nearly fivefold to $812,360 million, the Sophos research found.
3. Federal Government Cybersecurity Weaknesses: Only 64% of U.S. federal agency computer networks encrypt data sitting on those systems, and only 65% of systems encrypt the connections used to move that data, according to Politoco. The report highlights how U.S. federal government agencies are struggline to comply with President Biden's executive order on cybersecurity.
4. MSSP, MDR and Identity Threat Detection and Response: Proficio has launched ProSOC Identity Threat Detection and Response. The vendor-agnostic Open XDR solution supports Identity Threat Detection and Response, and works with existing security tools without proprietary agents or sensors, Proficio asserts.
5. Penetration Testing: Redbot Security has launches the Manual Controlled Penetration Testing Proof of Concept Reporting and Framework for 2022.
7. Channel Partner Program - Public Cloud Backup: HYCU has announced new ransomware assessment and recovery services for partners. Also, HYCU rolled out a new certification program for MSPs, MSSPs, and CSP, the company said.
8. Attack Surface Management: Censys is partnering to expand across Europe. Key moves include working with EveryCloud.
9. Open XDR and Network Detection and Response (NDR): Fidelis Cybersecurity has expanded its Open XDR platform with improvements to its Network Detection and Response (NDR) and Deception solutions, the company said. Key moves include new integrations, a larger CommandPost, and a faster network sensor in Fidelis Network, coupled with expanded cloud capabilities in Fidelis Deception, the company asserted.