Deloitte Acquires Industrial Cybersecurity Business aeCyberSolutions
Deloitte, which operates a Top 250 MSSP, has acquired aeCyberSolutions, the industrial cybersecurity solutions division of Applied Engineering Solutions (aeSolutions). Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed, and the transaction does not involve any of aeSolutions’ remaining businesses.
This is M&A deal number 483 that MSSP Alert and ChannelE2E have covered to date in 2021.
- See all technology M&A deals for 2021 and 2020 listed here.
- Also, we have tracked more than 60 MSSP mergers and acquisitions here.
Deloitte will add aeCyberSolutions’ team of industrial cybersecurity professionals as part of the acquisition, the company said. That way, aeCyberSolutions’ team bolster Deloitte’s industrial sector standards development and risk advisory expertise.
In addition, Deloitte will leverage aeCyberSolutions to enhance its existing cybersecurity offerings, the company noted. Deloitte intends to integrate aeCyberSolutions’ frameworks, methodologies and tools for industrial control systems/operational technology (ICS/OT) security into these offerings.
Deloitte Adds to Its Cybersecurity Portfolio
aeCyberSolutions is Deloitte’s fifth cyber acquisition in 2021. Here are the other cybersecurity companies that Deloitte has acquired thus far in 2021:
- TransientX: Deloitte acquired TransientX in July 2021 to expand its Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) and government-focused capabilities.
- Terbium Labs: Deloitte in June 2021 purchased digital risk protection provider Terbium Labs and integrated the company’s security capabilities into its Detect & Respond offering suite.
- CloudQuest: Deloitte in June 2021 bought cloud security posture management (CSPM) company CloudQuest to enhance its security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) strategy.
- Root9B (R9B): Deloitte in January 2021 acquired threat hunting services and solutions provider R9B to upgrade its Fusion managed security services.
Deloitte provides cybersecurity services and solutions across the government and commercial sectors. In doing so, Deloitte helps organizations identify and address a wide range of cyber threats.