IT Consulting Firm, Cloud Services Data Giant Invest In SIEM Security Provider Securonix
What do a big IT consulting firm, a massive telecom company, and a giant cloud data management company all have in common? They’re all investing in Securonix, the provider of security information and event management (SIEM) and eXtended detection and response (XDR).
The chatter started in February 2022, when Vista Equity Partners led a $1 billion investment round in Securonix. Fast forward to April 2022, and the names of additional Securonix investors have surfaced. The backers include:
- Capital One Ventures;
- Snowflake Ventures, the venture capital arm of the cloud data giant;
- Verizon Ventures, the VC arm of the telecom giant; and
- Wipro Ventures, the investment arm of Wipro, which has a Top 250 MSSP business unit.
Wipro: Existing Securonix Relationship, Cyber Strategy
Wipro and Securonix have an existing partnership, which involves Wipro leveraging Securonix cloud-based SIEM (security information and event management), threat detection and automated response tools, the two companies said.
Wipro’s cybersecurity strategy involves organic growth coupled with acquisitions. Example deals include:
- Acquiring Ampion in early 2021 for cybersecurity, DevOps and engineering services.
- Investing in CloudKnox Security to enforce least-privilege policies across Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) & more.
- Investing in application security firm Denim Group.
- Partnering with threat modeling platform provider ThreatModeler.
Additional Securonix Relationships
Securonix’s growth investment comes after the company in November 2021 partnered with Microland, a digital transformation services company, to deliver a managed security operations center-as-a-service (SOCaaS) solution.
The Microland-Securonix SOCaaS solution lets organizations track their digital footprint, monitor their IT infrastructure and remediate cyberattacks, the companies said. It also provides artificial intelligence-based security incident response and offers online monitoring and log management capabilities.