Security Testing Acquisition: Datadog Buys Hdiv Security
Datadog, a cloud monitoring-as-a-service provider, has purchased security testing software company Hdiv Security for an undisclosed sum. The transaction is expected to close by the end of September 2022.
This is technology M&A deal number 440 that MSSP Alert and sister site ChannelE2E have covered so far in 2022.
Datadog will integrate Hdiv’s application security capabilities into its Cloud Security Platform, the company said. In doing so, Datadog can help developers track and monitor risks across their applications.
A Closer Look at Hdiv Security
Hdiv offers products to help developers detect security vulnerabilities and protect their software, regardless of where it is deployed, the company said. The company’s portfolio includes:
- Interactive Application Security Testing: Detects security vulnerabilities in source code.
- Runtime Application Self Protection: Enables apps to protect themselves during runtime.
- Software Composition Analysis: Provides visibility into open-source software to detect and manage associated vulnerabilities.
Along with these products, Hdiv provides application security, PCI DSS compliance and other cybersecurity solutions. The company offers its products and solutions to global organizations but does not currently provide a channel partner program.
The Hdiv acquisition comes after Datadog announced:
- Application Security Monitoring (ASM) in April 2022;
- Cloud Security Platform in April 2021;
- Network Device Monitoring inOctober 2021; and
- acquired Sqreen in February 2021.
What Is Datadog?
Datadog helps organizations automate infrastructure monitoring, application performance monitoring and log management, the company indicated. Organizations can use Datadog’s Cloud Security Platform to secure their applications and IT infrastructure.
Meanwhile, Datadog offers a partner program for MSSPs, MSPs, resellers and systems integrators. The program lets channel partners use its Cloud Security Platform to deliver app monitoring and other security services.