This is M&A deal number 172 that MSSP Alert and ChannelE2E have covered so far in 2020. The pace of deals has slowed a bit since the coronavirus pandemic emerged, but overall deal volume remains reasonable steady. See the complete M&A deal list here.
A Closer Look at Revolutionary
Revolutionary helps organizations design, build and implement cybersecurity programs across IT and OT environments. It provides a variety of cybersecurity services, including:
- Cloud Security: Allows organizations to assess and build cloud security programs.
- Cyber Threat Intelligence: Empowers organizations to create and deploy cyber threat intelligence programs.
- Framework-Based Assessments: Enable organizations to evaluate their current security programs against established industry best practices.
- Threat Hunting: Uses threat intelligence from both internal and external sources to help organizations identify cyber threats in network programs, fine-tune or modify existing security alerts and upgrade security controls.
- Vulnerability Management: Ensures organizations can identify cyber risks and establish vulnerability management programs to address these dangers.
Revolutionary also provides the LiveFire breach and attack simulation testing service. Organizations can use LiveFire to examine real world cyber threats to identify gaps in security processes and monitoring, Accenture noted.
Accenture's Cybersecurity Acquisitions
The Revolutionary deal comes after Accenture in March 2020 purchased Context Information Security, a financial services-centric cyber defense consultancy, from engineering services provider Babcock International Group. Also, earlier this year Accenture acquired Symantec’s Cyber Security Services Business — which includes major MSSP capabilities — from Broadcom.
Accenture has a long history of security-focused acquisitions. Earlier buyouts include:
- Deja Vu Security: Provides security design and testing of enterprise software platforms and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies.
- iDefense Security: Offers cyber threat intelligence services.
- Maglan: Delivers advanced offensive cyber simulation, vulnerability research, threat intelligence and malware analysis.
Accenture's Overall Acquisition Budget
Accenture‘s acquisition budget is $1.6 billion for fiscal year 2020, CFO KC McClure told Wall Street analysts during an earnings call in mid-March 2020. As of that time, the global IT services provider and consulting firm had spent $584 million on 17 acquisitions in this fiscal year, McClure indicated. MSSP Alert doesn't know if the budget has changed amid the pandemic.
Additional insights from Joe Panettieri.