Acronis, a hybrid cloud backup, data protection and storage software provider, has launched Acronis Ransomware Protection, a free artificial intelligence-based solution designed to stop ransomware attacks.
Acronis Ransomware Protection is a "set it and forget it" solution, according to a prepared statement. It monitors system processes in real-time, Acronis said, and automatically detects and prevents ransomware attacks.
Acronis Ransomware Protection operates as a standalone version of Acronis Active Protection, AI-based ransomware technology that safeguards documents, programs and other system data against ransomware attacks. It uses a lightweight program that requires limited system resources, Acronis pointed out, and can run quietly in the background without affecting system performance.
How Does Acronis Ransomware Protection Work?
In the event of a ransomware attack, Acronis Ransomware Protection blocks the malicious process and notifies the end user, Acronis said. If files were damaged during the attack, Acronis Ransomware Protection facilitates instant recovery of affected files.
Furthermore, Acronis Ransomware Protection includes 5 GB of free Acronis Cloud storage. Cloud backup ensures users can protect their files against ransomware, as well as hardware failure, natural disasters and other causes of data loss.
Acronis Ransomware Protection is now available for Windows devices. It also is compatible with popular backup and antivirus programs, Acronis indicated, and can be used in combination with various data protection solutions.
Acronis: Here's What You Need to Know
Founded in 2003, Acronis provides data protection solutions for applications, files and operating systems.
Acronis also offers a partner program that enables managed service providers (MSPs), original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and technology resellers to sell various Acronis Data Protection solutions, including:
- Acronis Backup Advanced for vCloud: Providers a multi-tier, multi-tenant backup solution for VMware vCloud Director, which allows service providers to provision software-defined data center (SDDC) services as virtual data centers in minutes.
- Acronis Backup Cloud: Safeguards cloud, physical and virtual environments.
- Acronis Disaster Recovery Cloud: Offers a turnkey, self-service solution to protect customers' workloads and recover their critical applications, data and systems.
- Acronis Files Cloud: Provides safe file access, sync and share capabilities as part of a hosted cloud solution.
- Acronis Storage: Offers a software-defined storage solution for management of any type and volume of data.
Acronis has more than 50,000 global partners, and the company's solutions help protect the data of over 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses worldwide.