Barracuda has announced several upgrades to help its MSP partners use its extended detection and response (XDR) platform to "create security services that align with today's business environments," according to a prepared statement.
The news comes during the Barracuda Secured.22 virtual customer conference, which is being held September 13 and 14.
XDR Upgrades Detailed
Barracuda's XDR upgrades include:
- Barracuda CloudGen Firewall-Barracuda XDR Integration. Barracuda's MSP partners can use the integration to deliver security operations center (SOC) services.
- Mapping of Threat Detection Rules to the MITRE ATT&CK Framework. This capability provides Barracuda's SOC team with guidelines and the ability to address threat detection gaps.
- Addition of Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) Capabilities to Barracuda's SOC. These capabilities enable Barracuda's SOC to provide "increased protection when a cyberattack takes place," the company indicated.
MSPs can use Barracuda XDR to integrate cloud, email, endpoint, network and server security capabilities into their security services, the company noted. They also can leverage Barracuda XDR's capabilities to deliver cybersecurity-as-a-service to global organizations.
Barracuda Secured.22 News: What MSSPs Need to Know
In addition to it's XDR upgrades, Barracuda has made several other announcements thus far at Secured.22, including:
- Integrated Web Security Functionality for Barracuda CloudGen Access. The Barracuda CloudGen Access zero trust access solution now provides web security functionality to protect end-users from malicious web content.
- Addition of Zero Trust Access Capabilities to Barracuda's Email Protection Suite. These capabilities allow users to control and manage access to email systems and Microsoft 365 applications "on a need-to-know basis."
- Data Protection Business Growth. Barracuda's data protection business reported new business sales growth of 30% year over year.
Barracuda provides application, data, email and network security solutions to more than 200,000 organizations globally. The company generates over $500 million in annual revenues, according to investment management firm KKR (which agreed to purchase Barracuda in April 2022).