Booz Allen Ventures, the venture capital division of Booz Allen Hamilton, has made a strategic investment in the HiddenLayer machine learning detection and response platform, the company announced September 26.
Financial terms of the investment were not disclosed.
How HiddenLayer Helps Booz Allen Hamilton, Customers
With the investment, federal agencies can use HiddenLayer's platform in conjunction with Booz Allen's artificial intelligence (AI) security research, risk and vulnerability assessments and managed detection and response (MDR) services, the companies stated.
In addition, the investment strengthens and expands Booz Allen's Adversarial AI capabilities. It also allows Booz Allen to accelerate the adoption of enterprise AI solutions to help organizations pace with emerging national security threats.
What HiddenLayer Offers
HiddenLayer provides "the first security platform for AI," the business noted. The company's platform uses the MITRE ATLAS framework to help organizations align their security practices with adversarial threats that target AI systems.
Key features of HiddenLayer's platform include:
- Real-time protection against adversarial machine learning attacks
- Model scanning that allows users to identify vulnerabilities and malicious code injections in ML models
- Security audit reporting that provides insights into organizations' AI and ML assets
HiddenLayer's platform also uses a cloud-based architecture that does not require access to an organization's data or intellectual property, the company indicated.
Booz Allen Hamilton Eyes AI Investments
The HiddenLayer investment comes after Booz Allen previously made strategic investments in several AI-focused companies:
- Shift5 focuses on onboard data protection, maintenance and operations.
- Credo AI offers a platform that provides governance, oversight and accountability of AI.
- Hidden Level develops passive sensing technology for drones and other unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
- Latent AI provides ML operations solutions.
- Synthetaic specializes in end-to-end AI.
- Reveal Technology delivers visual analytics and edge AI solutions.
Furthermore, Booz Allen remains focused on generative AI and responsible AI, the company noted. Booz Allen also continues to look for ways to provide organizations with a security foundation as their use of AI increases.