Calian Group, a Canadian company that provides information technology, engineering and other professional services, has acquired MSSP Secure Technologies International (STI) for an undisclosed sum. STI will be consolidated and reported as part of Calian's business and technology services (BTS) division.
The STI acquisition enables Calian to expand and strengthen its cybersecurity practice, according to a prepared statement.
Also, the acquisition aligns with Calian's pillars of service line evolution and customer diversification, CEO Kevin Ford said. STI will help Calian accelerate its cyber sales growth, Ford noted, and support synergies across the company's cyber, training and emergency management services.
What Is STI?
STI provides the following security services:
- Bring-your-own-device (BYOD) security.
- IT security.
- Security-as-a-service (SECaaS).
It also offers cybersecurity solutions from a variety of security companies, including:
STI has recorded annual revenues of approximately $6 million to $8 million, Calian Chief Financial Officer Jacqueline Gauthier said. On the profit front, the STI acquisition is expected to be "EBITDA accretive from day one," Gauthier indicated.
What Is Calian?
The Calian BTS division provisions business and technology services to public and government organizations in the health, training, engineering and IT services domains. In addition, Calian has a systems engineering division that plans, designs and implements communication systems for many space agencies and satellite manufacturers and operators and provides contract manufacturing services for both private sector and military customers in North America.
Calian also has a cybersecurity practice that offers support in a number of areas, including:
- Cybersecurity Roadmap: Empowers organizations to develop a cybersecurity roadmap to address business continuity planning, incident response and other cybersecurity concerns.
- Detection: Allows organizations to leverage security information and event management (SIEM), security operations center (SOC) and other cyber detection tools.
- Protection: Enables organizations to implement infrastructure, information and personnel security, as well as security training plans.
- Response and Recovery: Ensures organizations can use data forensics, information technology service management (ITSM) and other professional services to streamline cyberattack response and recovery.
- Strategic Consulting: Helps organizations assess cyber risks and perform cybersecurity health checks.
Furthermore, the Calian IT and professional services (ITPS) department offers SAP consulting, IT development support services, cloud consulting and on-demand IT services, and the company's cyber resilience office helps organizations build plans to protect their IT environments against cyberattacks.