Check Point Software has unwrapped Horizon XDR/XPR (extended detection and response/extended prevention and response), a new collaborative cybersecurity platform to defend organizations against sophisticated cyber threats.
The cybersecurity provider is positioning Horizon XDR/XPR as a game changer because it is the first XDR solution to prioritize prevention, whereas traditional security solutions focus on detection and response, leaving incident managing, hunting and investigating to the security operation center.
Here’s how Horizon XDR/XPR works:
- The solution integrates with both Check Point and third-party security solutions, preventing cyber threats from affecting the entire network.
- With intelligent correlation of data, the platform stops attacks across all vectors, including email, cloud, networks and endpoints.
- Minimizes the impact of cyber threats and supplies a simple experience for administrators and analysts to understand what happened and the related entities.
A Closer Look at Horizon
Horizon XDR/XPR offers the following capabilities:
- Immediate, comprehensive threat prevention across all parts of the security estate, finding seemingly benign events and correlating them to uncover cyber-attacks
- Provides optimized security posture and consolidated analytics, giving organizations visibility into attack behavior, context, and damage, and detailed analytics on indicators of compromise
- Continuously improves security posture with intelligent threat and event correlation, drawing from multiple data sets including indicators of compromise, global threat landscape, Check Point research, and third-party intelligence feeds
- Enables organizations to consolidate and optimize their security operations, improving collaboration between security and IT teams to strengthen threat prevention across multiple vectors
Explaining the advantages of Horizon, Maya Horowitz, vice president of research at Check Point Software, said:
"Extended detection and response covers only half of the security equation, leaving prevention in silos. Check Point Horizon XDR/XPR uplevels siloed prevention mechanisms in a similar way that XDR upleveled siloed detection and response, transforming prevention into a collaborative function across multiple threat vectors. Working together with XDR, XPR stops advanced threats, while continuously improving security posture as the threat landscape changes.”