Wyntec, an Australian managed IT services provider, and cybersecurity solutions company Layer 8 Security are merging so they can provide their joint customers with security governance, risk and training offerings.
This is technology M&A deal number 364 that MSSP Alert and sister site ChannelE2E have covered so far in 2022.
Wyntec and Layer 8 Security initially began working together in 2019. Going forward, they intend to provide a security solution that combines people, processes and technology, the companies indicated.
In addition, Wyntec will prioritize the implementation of cybersecurity solutions for customers, particularly within the Microsoft stack, according to a prepared statement. Meanwhile, Layer 8 will focus on the "people" element and deliver cybersecurity awareness training, cyber escape rooms and risk and compliance solutions.
A Closer Look at Wyntec and Layer 8 Security
Wyntec specializes in "stress-free IT," the company noted. It offers a variety of cybersecurity services, including:
- Cybersecurity Awareness: Helps organizations review hardware and software and identify and address security vulnerabilities.
- Endpoint Protection: Delivers zero-day cyber threat response, real-time visibility across IT infrastructure and threat hunting capabilities.
- Governance, Risk and Compliance: Helps organizations comply with NIST, PCI and other data security standards.
- Incident Response and Remediation: Empowers organizations to detect security vulnerabilities and respond to cyberattacks.
Layer 8 is a cybersecurity consulting, advisory and technical services firm. It offer risk management and technical services, such as:
- Data risk management
- Managed phishing simulation
- Network and endpoint security monitoring
- Penetration testing