This is technology M&A deal number 843 that MSSP Alert and sister site ChannelE2E have covered so far in 2022.
Jamf, founded in 2002, is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company has 2,495 employees listed on LinkedIn. Jamf's areas of expertise include Apple and mobile device management.
ZecOps, founded in 2017, is based in San Francisco, California. The company has 32 employees listed on LinkedIn. ZecOps' areas of expertise include cybersecurity and digital forensics.
The ZecOps acquisition is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2022, according to Jamf.
Jamf Expands Its Mobile Security Capabilities
ZecOps positions Jamf to help IT and security teams strengthen their organizations' mobile security posture, the companies said. Jamf can use ZecOps' mobile security capabilities to empower these teams to speed up mobile security investigations. It also enables these teams to use known indicators of compromise (IOCs) to identify zero- or one-click attacks faster than ever before.
In addition, ZecOps provides visibility into iOS devices and can detect mobile threats that Apple's Lockdown Mode aims to prevent, the company noted. Lockdown Mode offers the following protections:
- Messages blocks most message attachment types and disables link previews and other features.
- Apple Services blocks FaceTime calls and other incoming invitations and service requests if a user has not previously sent the initiator a call or request.
- Wired Connections blocks wired connections with a computer or accessory when an iPhone is locked.
- Configuration Profiles ensures configuration profiles cannot be installed and a device cannot enroll into mobile device management while Lockdown Mode is active.
ZecOps ensures Jamf users can have both Lockdown Mode and ZecOps software operating at the same time, the companies indicated. That way, Jamf users can gain insights into mobile threats and address such issues before they cause cyberattacks and data breaches.
Jamf Upgrades Its Mac Endpoint Security Platform
The ZecOps acquisition comes after Jamf in April 2022 announced the following enhancements to its Jamf Protect endpoint security platform:
- Logging for endpoint and network security events
- Threat prevention capabilities that leverage network-based IOCs
- Removable storage to protect against physical data loss and unauthorized data access
More than 67,000 organizations use Jamf's solutions to manage and protect their Apple devices, data and applications, the company stated. Jamf also offers a partner program that allows MSSPs and MSPs to use its solutions to deliver Apple device management services.