MSSP Alert is set to meet with a range of managed security services providers (MSSP) and cybersecurity professionals today (Wednesday) and Thursday. Stay tuned for live blog updates recapping the the following meetings:
1. U.S. Department of Homeland Security: Yes, they're showing off 10 cybersecurity applications and tools here at the conference. But how does Homeland Security coordinate its cyber defenses with other U.S. federal agencies? We'll poke around for answers.
2. Cybereason: Rewind to June. At the time, SoftBank invested $100 million in Cybereason. The money was earmarked for R&D and distribution channel expansion. So how are things progressing? We're checking.
3. MalwareBytes: The company, which specializes in anti-malware, anti-ransomware, anti-exploit and malicious website protection, in June introduced a single-agent cloud platform for business. So how's it going? Again, we're checking.
4. Masergy: The MSSP is hosting two seminars here to help Chief Information Security Officers deal with the increasing complexity and volume of threats that their companies face. We'll get the details and a recap.
5. ThreatConnect: CenturyLink recently confirmed that its managed security services leverage ThreatConnect, a threat intelligence-based security platform. But how exactly does ThreatConnect work with large, midsize and small service providers? We'll have answers soon.
6. WatchGuard: While plenty of folks focus on Windows-centric exploits and malware, WatchGuard recently warned customers and partners about growing threats to Linux-based systems. We'll get more details.
7. More: The meetings above are set for today (Wednesday). Keep checking this blog entry for meeting recaps. And check back on Thursday for Part 2 meeting recaps with top MSSPs and cybersecurity pros.
8. All Black Hat News & Analysis: You'll find it all right here.