Lumifi has announced an expansion plan that eyes the purchase of 2-4 managed detection and response (MDR) cybersecurity companies within the next 6-18 months.
The news comes after Lumifi in October 2023 purchased Castra Managed Services, an MDR and security information and event management (SIEM) company.
A Closer Look at Lumifi's MDR Service
Lumifi's MDR service provides organizations with the "forensic abilities of a real person and a high-touch approach to investigation and analysis," according to the company.
Here are Lumify MDR's features:
- Threat intelligence feed provides users with information about new and emerging threats.
- SHIELDVision Threat Hunting allows Lumifi's security analysts to "go back in time" to identify security issues that other tools miss.
- Threat detection via logs, full packet capture and intrusion detection technology monitor all of an organization's network traffic.
- Threat validation by MDR analysts who investigate indicators of compromise (IOCs) determine if a real threat is present or a security incident is underway.
- Threat response helps a user understand how a threat is affecting their organization and what can be done to address this issue.
- Threat alerting enables users to stay up to date on threats.
Demand for Lumifi's MDR Increases
Lumifi is searching for reliable and proven technology solutions and qualified human expertise, according to Lumifi CEO Michael Malone, adding that the company is also focused on acquiring the best MDR companies that complement and expand upon all that it offers.
"We are experiencing increasing demand for our comprehensive and proactive MDR services," Malone said.
Lumifi on the Lookout for Investors, Partners
Many investors "eagerly anticipate" Lumifi's expansion of its technology stack and human capital, the company said, and that the Castra acquisition has further fueled investor excitement.
Lumifi has strategic partnerships in place with ExtraHop, Exabeam and other cybersecurity and technology companies, Chief Information Security Officer David Norlin pointed out. These partnerships highlight Lumifi's commitment to "pushing boundaries and strengthening [its] industry leadership," he said.