A new managed detection and response (MDR) offering from Malwarebytes is designed to help organizations that may be lacking cybersecurity staff to perform 24/7 threat hunting, monitoring and response, the company announced in a prepared statement.
Key to Malwarebytes’ MDR is how it combines endpoint detection and response (EDR) technology with human-centered cybersecurity expertise. EDR essentially functions an integrated endpoint security solution that combines real-time continuous monitoring and collection of endpoint data with rules-based automated response and analysis capabilities.
Cybersecurity Eyes and Ears for MSPs, SMBs
By providing world-class security analysts, third-party intelligence, and threat analysis tools, Malwarebytes MDR can extend the capabilities of existing teams or completely fill the need of organizations lacking dedicated security staff, the company stated. Malwarebytes emphasized that its MDR analysts are constantly monitoring and triaging alerts, hunting for hidden threats, and either directly remediating or providing customized guidance to organizations.
Malwarebytes stressed, that for any small or medium-sized business or MSPs — with more alerts than they can handle — its new MDR enables organizations to:
- Prioritize critical alerts
- Detect advanced malware attacks
- Analyze past indicators-of-compromise
- Bolster ongoing resiliency
As Bob Shaker, vice president of Managed Services at Malwarebytes, explained:
"There simply aren't enough hours in the day for most organizations to adequately address a barrage of alerts. But they don't have to do it alone. We've recruited an incredible team of dedicated experts across the globe and empowered them with our award-winning tools and AI-based threat modeling to be a powerful force-multiplier for SMBs and MSPs. This is just the beginning as we continue to accelerate product innovation and deliver new services to secure chronically underserved SMBs and empower MSPs to be their heroes."
Malwarebytes states that it MDR will:
- Supplement security expertise by augmenting security staff with a team of experts to correlate threat data, enrich alerts and respond to threats 24/7.
- Expedite threat response by bolstering cyber resilience with effective protection and flexible remediation options to detect and respond to attacks as they occur.
- Reduce security costs through quick time-to-value and improved efficiency for security operations with technology-supported, expert services that significantly reduce security costs.
- Advance security posture built upon Malwarebytes' EDR, which applies advanced data analytics and near real-time threat intelligence to detect zero-day and other hidden threats.
- Provide rapid time-to-value through automated onboarding that gets SMBs and MSPs from purchase to service operation fast and easy.
- Assist in meeting compliance requirements to prevent threats to security, availability, integrity, and privacy of customer data in support of compliance with the broad range of regulatory requirements.
Malwarebytes Expands MSP Offerings, Gains Funding
The OneView platform enables MSPs to deliver enterprise-class endpoint security products that drastically reduce customer malware infections and ransomware exposure, the company said. In addition, the platform allows security analysts of all skill levels to be effective from a centralized cloud-based console.
Malwarebytes offers an MSP Program that lets MSPs and other channel partners integrate its Nebula security operations platform into their portfolios. Channel partners can use Nebula in conjunction with the OneView multi-tenant dashboard to deliver endpoint security services.