Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Leadership Move: HUB Security has appointed David Riker as its global chief operating officer. Riker will lead efforts to scale the company's global business operations and go-to-market strategies, aligning its two business units, Confidential Computing and Professional Services. Riker will report directly to HUB Security CEO Uzi Moskovich.
2. Product Launch: Ontinue, a managed detection and response (MDR) provider, has launched a new set of cost optimization capabilities within its Ontinue ION managed extended detection and response (MXDR) service to help customers manage security data costs.
3. Leadership Move: Liongard, a software-as-a-service platform provider, has named Michelle Accardi as CEO. Effective April 17. Accardi succeeds co-founder Joe Alapat, who will transition to chief technology officer.
4. U.S. Defense-Certified: Palo Alto Networks announced that its Prisma Access capability has achieved Department of Defense (DoD) Impact Level 5 Provisional Authorization, allowing its cloud-delivered security to protect DoD agencies and help enforce a zero trust strategy. (Source: Seeking Alpha)
5. CISA News: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has published Zero Trust Maturity Model version 2, incorporating recommendations from a public comment period, and furthering the federal government’s continued progress toward a zero trust approach to cybersecurity in support of the National Cybersecurity Strategy. CISA urges all organizations to review this guidance and take steps to advance their progress toward a zero trust model.
6. Hacking the Hackers: Ukrainian hackers claim to have broken into the emails of a senior Russian military spy wanted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation for hacking the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign and other senior U.S. Democrats in 2016. A group calling itself Cyber Resistance said it had stolen correspondence from Lt. Col. Sergey Morgachev, who was charged in 2018 with helping organize the hack and leak of emails from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Clinton campaign. (Source: Reuters)
7: Cyber Company Rebrand: Adar, Inc., a provider of managed IT and cybersecurity services, has completed a major rebranding. The new company name, Rhodian Group, is a nod to the insurance and professional services markets they serve while establishing a clear vision of how they will go to market with their technology and cybersecurity solutions, the company said.
8: Industry Recognition: KnowBe4, a security awareness training and simulated phishing platform provider, announced that CEO Stu Sjouwerman has been named the winner of the 2023 Excellence in Customer Service Award, recognizing him as Executive of the Year, presented by Business Intelligence Group.
9: Cybersecurity Partnership: Syncro is partnering with Proofpoint, enabling Syncro’s MSP partners to offer their customers access to Proofpoint email security and security awareness training solutions.
10. Product Launch: 11:11 Systems, a managed infrastructure solutions provider, has brought to market 11:11 Managed SteelDome in partnership with SteelDome Cyber. The managed service is designed for organizations in need of secure, scalable and cost-efficient storage of their unstructured, on-premises data.