Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
- Stellar Cyber Gets GenAI: Open XDR provider Stellar Cyber has incorporated Generative AI (GenAI) into its Open XDR Platform. The company has tied GenAI functionality to its knowledge base, enabling security analysts to get answers to their investigation-related questions by simply asking those questions as if they were talking to a person.
- Phylum, Sumo Logic Partner: Software supply chain security specialist Phylum announced a partnership with SaaS Log Analytics Platform provider Sumo Logic. Now the Phylum Threat Feed for Sumo Logic will let users know if their organization has been impacted by software supply chain risks including zero-day attacks, credential stealers, typo-squatting, malicious authors and nation-state attacks.
- Encryption Protects Against Data Loss: Fortanix released the results of a new study conducted by Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) titled Operationalizing Encryption and Key Management. The survey found that lack of encryption is the primary contributor to sensitive data loss, despite the fact that confidence in cryptographic capabilities are strong.
- Picus Security’s New Partner Program: Breach and attack simulation provider Picus Security is introducing the Picus Managed Security Services Provider Partner Program. The introduction builds on the company’s longstanding 100% channel approach. Picus said the program enables MSSPs to introduce automated validation services and generate new recurring revenues quickly.
- Huntress Finance Chief Offers Business Tips: Marcos Torres, CFO of managed cybersecurity platform Huntress recently provided his business advice in a podcast for business founders. He said that building a business is an exercise in living in the future, but also that founders must also think about how product development, fundraising, a sustainable business model will achieve that vision.
- SentinelOne’s Great Year: SentinelOne raised its annual revenue outlook, saying cybersecurity spending remains strong. The company is now forecasting revenue for the full year of $616 million, up from its previous forecast of $605 million.
- BT, Netskope Partner: UK telecom provider BT and secure access service edge (SASE) provider Netskope are partnering to bring Netskope's Security Service Edge (SSE) capabilities to BT's global customers. The partnership follows a number of large customer implementations where the two companies have already collaborated to successfully meet the security and access needs of large enterprises.