Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
2. Product Launch: SecPod Technologies has released SanerNow 6.0, a new update to its SanerNow cyberattack prevention platform. With a new unified dashboard and Cyber Hygiene Score, SanerNow transforms how CISOs and security administrators combat cyberattacks and simplifies the process of vulnerability lifecycle automation.
3. Leadership Move: ThreatHunter.ai has appointed Dave Maynor as an advisor and to the "Keeper of Secrets" role. Maynor will work closely with James McMurry, the founder of ThreatHunter.ai, to revolutionize the visualization and tracking of live threat intelligence through the BirdWatcher platform to be released in later in 2023.
4. Product Launch: Rapid7, a cloud risk and threat detection specialist, has brought to market Executive Risk View. This solution normalizes risk scoring across cloud and on-premises environments so that security leaders can effectively assess and collaborate with teams across an organization to speed up cyber risk reduction, the company said.
5. Identity Security Offering: ReasonLabs, has expanded its Identity Protection services with the release of RAV Online Security for Edge. This web extension built for enterprise standards provides all the elements of an antivirus directly to the browser, giving home users increased peace of mind while staying connected online, the company said.
6. Funding Boost: Netcraft, a specialist in in cybercrime detection, disruption and takedowns, announced that the company has raised more than $100 million from Spectrum Equity, a growth equity firm focused on internet-enabled software and data services companies. In addition, the company named Ryan Woodley as its new CEO.
7. Malware Alert: A financially motivated cybercrime group has updated its backdoor malware in a continued attempt to deploy ransomware against targets around the world. Security researchers recently observed Syssphinx, which is also tracked widely as FIN8 since its emergence in 2016, deploying a variant of its Sardonic backdoor to deliver Noberus ransomware. (Source: Cyberscoop)
Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- 2023 International Cybersecurity Championship and Conference (IC3) (July 31-August 4, 2023, San Diego, California)
- Black Hat (August 5-10, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)