Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Leadership Move: Securonix has appointed former National Cyber Director Chris Inglis to the Securonix Strategic Advisory Board. Inglis, who served as the United States' first National Cyber Director and advisor to President Joe Biden on cybersecurity, recently retired after more than 40 years of federal service, including 28 years at the National Security Administration.
2. Company Milestone: KnowBe4 announced that is has reached a milestone of 60,000 customer organizations globally, consisting of tens of millions of end users. "This milestone of reaching 60,000 customer organizations has come to fruition because we are consistent in our efforts to address the human layer of cybersecurity. Growth is strong and customer service is a pillar of our organization," said Stu Sjouwerman, founder and CEO.
3. Digital Trust Tour Announcement: Keyfactor, a specialist in identity-first security solutions, in collaboration with Microsoft, has announced the inaugural 2023 Digital Trust Tour. This multi-city event series that will bring industry IT and security practitioners together to discuss how enterprises can establish digital trust in a zero trust world.
4. Industry Recognition: Deepwatch, a specialist in advanced managed detection and response (MDR) security, announced that it has received a record number of industry awards to start to 2023. Among the accolades, SC Awards 2023 recognized Deepwatch as a finalist in the Best Managed Detection and Response Service category.
5. Leadership Move: Cybersecurity provider NuHarbor, which has expanded headcount by more than 150% since 2021, has hired Mark Fleeman as vice president of Commercial. He will lead the company’s continued expansion into new accounts and markets.
6. Product Launch: Traefik Labs has brought to market Traefik Hub, a Kubernetes-native API management capability for publishing, securing and managing APIs.
7. Cybersecurity Partnership: Myota, a data protection platform provider, has partnered with professional services firm SōtirIS, which specializes in delivering IT operations-as-a-service. "SōtirIS is the first MSSP to offer a 100% managed data durability platform that provides ransomware protection, encryption, point-in-time backup, and recovery as a service," Myota stated.
8. Leadership Move: Stairwell has appointed Eric Foster as its vice president of Business Development. Foster was previously president of Cyderes, an MDR provider. At Stairwell, Foster will spearhead customer experience and direct the overall go-to-market strategy. His leadership will encompass sales, marketing and customer success, as well as the Stairwell Threat Analysis team.
9. Ransomware Report: A joint cybersecurity advisory from government agencies in the U.S. and Australia, and published by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA,) is warning organizations of the latest tactics used by the BianLian ransomware group. BianLian has been targeting entities in the U.S. and Australian critical infrastructure since June 2022. (Source: Bleeping Computer)