Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS); managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Industry Recognition: Vonahi Security, a specialist in automating network penetration testing, announced that its flagship product, vPenTest, has achieved SOC 2 Type II certification. This certification validates Vonahi Security's commitment to maintaining the highest standards of security and reliability for its users, the company said.
2. Cybersecurity Scholarship: Women in CyberSecurity, a nonprofit organization dedicated to the recruitment, retention and advancement of women in cybersecurity, announced that its 4th annual Security Training Scholarship opened for applications on August 2. The scholarship enables women to advance within cybersecurity while increasing diversity in the field. No prior experience in cybersecurity or tech is needed.
3. CISA Adds Member: Tanium, a converged endpoint management specialist, has been selected by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) to join the Joint Cyber Defense Collaboration (JCDC), a public-private cybersecurity collective established to unite the global cyber community and stay ahead of adversaries. As a member of JCDC, Tanium will work with organizations and operators from across the public and private sectors to exchange cyber threat intelligence.
4. Leadership Move: SonicWall, a provider of cybersecurity protection to increasingly remote, mobile and cloud-enabled workforces, has promoted Michelle Ragusa-McBain to vice president, global channel chief. With more than 18 years of partner experience, Ragusa-McBain has successfully led, developed, managed and grown channel ecosystems at Cisco, Office Depot | CompuCom, and JS Group.
5. Leadership Move: Cyemptive Technologies, a provider of cybersecurity solutions for business and government, has named Johannes Riedl as vice president of cyber solutions Europe.
6. Vulnerabilities Report Published: SynSaber, an industrial asset and network monitoring company, in collaboration with the ICS Advisory Project, has published their bi-annual ICS Vulnerabilities report. The report analyzes the Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs) reported via CISA ICS Advisories in the first half of 2023.
7. Funding Boost: Cyble, a threat intelligence provider that blends cybersecurity and artificial intelligence, announced a $24 million injection of capital through Series B funding. The funding round was co-led by Blackbird Ventures and King River Capital with participation from Spider Capital, January Capital, Summit Peak Ventures.
8. New Service Offering: Systems Engineering, an IT strategy and managed technology services specialist, has launched a new cybersecurity service, the Adaptive Cybersecurity Framework (aCSF), to provide clients with a measurable approach to continuous improvement in cybersecurity. NIST CSF has been fully adopted by Systems Engineering and is being integrated into its service delivery going forward, the company said.
9. Hacker Alert: CISA and the Norwegian National Cyber Security Centre have released a joint Cybersecurity Advisory (CSA), Threat Actors Exploiting Ivanti EPMM Vulnerabilities, in response to the active exploitation of CVE-2023-35078 and CVE-2023-35081 affecting Ivanti Endpoint Manager Mobile (EPMM), formerly known as MobileIron Core. Threat actors can chain these vulnerabilities to gain initial, privileged access to EPMM systems and execute uploaded files, such as webshells.
10. Cybersecurity Partnership: Qualys, a provider of cloud-based IT, security and compliance solutions, announced that its Qualys Vulnerability Management, Detection and Response (VMDR) will be included in Mazars' Cybersecurity Managed Services. Mazars customers will gain insights into distinct risk postures to prioritize and remediate their most critical vulnerabilities through this partnership, the companies said.
Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- 2023 International Cybersecurity Championship and Conference (IC3) (July 31-August 4, 2023, San Diego, California)
- Black Hat (August 5-10, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)
- MSSP Alert Live (October 9-11, Washington, D.C.)