Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs 2022: Our sister site, ChannelE2E, has unveil this year’s list and research here.
2. MDR for Operational Technology: Difenda, a Microsoft Gold Security Partner with Advanced Specialization in Threat Protection, has released Difenda MDR for OT in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
3. Managed eXtended Detection and Response (MxDR): OpenText describes its MSP & MSSP partner strategy here.
5. Threat Intelligence: Digital Element has launched Nodify, a threat intelligence solution designed to "help security professionals respond to the recent changes in the VPN market, and the threats they pose to corporate and government networks and data," the company said.
6. Hive Ransomware Analysis: Varonis provides perspectives here.
7. U.S. Energy & Cybersecurity: The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) announced $12 million for six new research, development, and demonstration (RD&D) projects that will "develop innovative cybersecurity technology to help ensure energy delivery systems are designed, installed, operated, and maintained to survive and recover quickly from cyberattacks," the agency said.
8. Spear Phishing Targets HR Departments: Hackers are posing as job applicants and luring Corporate Hiring Managers into downloading bogus resumes that contain more_eggs malware, according to eSentire's Threat Response Unit.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- Black Hat Asia 2022 (May 10-13, Singapore)
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar