Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Cybersecurity Partnership: Check Point Software Technologies has partnered with communications technology company TELUS to launch the TELUS Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) service in Canada. Backed by Check Point’s AI-powered threat prevention and high-fidelity posture management technology, TELUS CSPM provides a comprehensive managed solution for Canadian organizations to monitor cloud security posture in real-time and detect, remediate and report on vulnerabilities, the company said.
2. Leadership Move: Cyemptive Technologies has named industry veteran and senior risk management/insurance executive Jim Fasone as to the newly-created position of chief risk officer. Fasone will be responsible for Cyemptive’s enterprise risk function and strategic risk transfer partnerships.
3. CISA Holds Quarterly Meeting: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) recently held its second quarter Cybersecurity Advisory Committee (CSAC) meeting. During the discussion, chairs of each subcommittee gave progress reports on their work. “From the launch of the CSAC, I have been and remain tremendously impressed by the thoughtfulness and insight of the committee and I remain grateful for their time and counsel,” said CISA Director Jen Easterly. “The new members sworn in at the March meeting have hit the ground running and, along with the other members, are diligently working to advance CISA’s cybersecurity mission. Their commitment to CISA’s mission and our nation’s cybersecurity is remarkable.”
4. Australia Names Cyber Chief: Australia on Friday named a senior air force commander as its first cybersecurity boss to help lead the government's response to major data breaches and boost the nation's security capabilities amid a recent spike in network intrusions. Air Marshal Darren Goldie, a 30-year veteran, will become the national cybersecurity coordinator, Prime Minister Anthony Albanese said. He will be supported by a national office within the department of home affairs and begin his term on July 3. (Source: Reuters)
5. Leadership Move: 24By7Security announced that Nitin Chowdhry has joined the firm as director of cybersecurity services, a new strategic position responsible for further development of the firm's cybersecurity practice and delivery of a full range of cybersecurity services to clients.
6. MSSP Partners with AT&T: MSSP Vertek Corporation announced a partnership with AT&T Cybersecurity to provide unified security management for large and mid-sized enterprises. Vertek utilizes AT&T Cybersecurity's USM Anywhere platform as part of its always-on security operations center.
Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- 2023 International Cybersecurity Championship and Conference (IC3) (July 31-August 4, 2023, San Diego, California)
- Black Hat (August 5-10, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)