Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, security operations centers as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), eXtended detection and response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Business Milestone: Cyware, a next-generation cybersecurity solutions provider, announced that its Cyber Fusion Center (CFC) platform has been designated as FedRAMP Ready by the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program's Program Management Office (FedRAMP PMO).
2. Leadership Move: Dig, a cloud data security company, has appointed Yotam Ben Ezra as chief product officer (CPO). As CPO, Ben Ezra will lead the development and direction of Dig's products, helping Dig further its mission to provide data security at the speed of cloud.
3. Russian Hack Suspected: A Russia-based hacking group named Cold River is behind an information-gathering campaign that has struck various targets in government, politics, academia, defense, journalism and activism, the U.K. government said on January 26. In an advisory, the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) said Cold River impersonates people around its targets by using fake email addresses and social media profiles. (Source: Reuters)
4. Merger Moving Forward: HUB Cyber Security announced the receipt of all approvals and compliance with the conditions for its expected merger with Mount Rainier Acquisition Corp. and transition to trading on the Nasdaq stock exchange.
5. Industry Award: Senhasegura, a Privileged Access Management (PAM) solution provider, has been named the winner of the 2022 CyberSecured Award for Best Privileged Access Management (PAM). The CyberSecured Awards honor the outstanding product development achievements of manufacturers and suppliers whose products or services are considered particularly noteworthy in the transformation of cybersecurity.
6. Malware Summit Scheduled: The 57th general meeting of the Messaging Malware Mobile Anti-Abuse Working Group (M3AAWG) will be February 20-24. M3AAWG will host technical sessions, lightning rounds, working groups and training sessions to address email and text messaging security, issues and opportunities with internet infrastructure and passwords and authentication.
7. JCDC Announces Agenda: The Joint Cyber Defense Collaborative (JCDC) has released its 2023 Planning Agenda. JCDC’s Planning Agenda brings together government and private sector partners to develop and execute cyber defense plans that achieve specific risk reduction goals focused on systemic risk, collective cyber response and high-risk communities.
8. Product Partnership: KnowBe4, a security awareness training and simulated phishing platform provider, announced that its PhishER product now integrates with the Revelstoke platform. KnowBe4 and Revelstoke, a next-level security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) platform provider, will reduce dangerous email threats by leveraging Revelstoke's simplified SOAR platform with KnowBe4's PhishER.