Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Security Partnership: RF Code is partnering with Links Technology Solutions to help organizations manage remote edge IT locations. Links Technology Solutions, an Illinois-based MSP, is now an officially licensed reseller of RF Code’s Sentry device, the company's first software-as-a-service (SaaS) innovation for decentralized edge computing locations.
2. Leadership Move: Cloud permission management company Entitle has appointed Ran Ne'man as vice president of Product. Ran has more than 25 years of experience in various product development and management roles, including eight years at Ping Identity.
3. Cloud Market Move: Keeper Security, a specialist in password management, privileged access, secure remote access and encrypted messaging, has announced Pax8 as its newest vendor. Pax8 offers a cloud marketplace for IT professionals to buy, sell and manage technology solutions.
4. Leadership Move: CyberCatch, cybersecurity company offering an AI-enabled platform solution for continuous compliance and cyber risk mitigation, has hired Ranell Gonzales as vice president and head of Global Sales. Gonzales has more than 12 years in sales leadership positions in cybersecurity. He joins CyberCatch from SecurityScorecard, where he served as assistant vice president of Cyber Defense Services.
5. Industry Recognition: MSSP SecurityHQ has received CREST accreditation, which highlights an ongoing commitment to enhance and strengthen data security and cybersecurity services. To comply with the CREST audit standards, SecurityHQ ensures compliant processes and maturity with regards to customer service, escalation management and information management.
6. Leadership Move: CyberCX, an Australia and New Zealand-based cybersecurity provider, has appointed Ciaran Martin CB as chairman for its newly launched UK entity, CyberCX UK. Martin is the founding CEO of the National Cyber Security Centre and former Director of Security and Intelligence at the Cabinet Office.
7. Cyberattack Reported: A cyberattack against Bitmarck forced German health IT services vendor to take internal and customer systems offline as part of its security protocols as it works to identify and address the impact. On May 1, Bitmarck announced its “early warning systems” detected an attack on its internal systems. The team conducted an impact analysis as it worked to bring systems back online “in accordance with a structured, security and priority-oriented process.” (Source: SC Media)
8. Cyberespionage Group Report: ESET telemetry from Q4 2022 saw the start of a new campaign by MuddyWater, a cyberespionage group linked to Iran’s Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS), and active since at least 2017. The group primarily targets victims in the Middle East, Asia, Africa, Europe and North America, focusing on telecommunications companies, governmental organizations, and the oil & gas and energy verticals. Four victims were compromised via the abuse of SimpleHelp, a legitimate remote access tool (RAT) and remote support software used by MSPs. (Source: WeLiveSecurity.com/ESET)