Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS); managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Free Product Offer: Stack Identity, an identity security platform provider, has unveiled its new Shadow Access Risk Assessment (SARA), a free product that provides users with a daily report of Shadow Access risks in their environment. With SARA in place, customers receive a daily email recapping any new threats that have originated in the past 24 hours and a call to action, the company said.
2. AI Chatbot Launch: AgileBlue, a cybersecurity SOC and SOAR solutions provider, has launched Sapphire, its generative AI support chatbot designed to assist SOC analysts in its Cerulean SOAR platform. Sapphire enables organizations, and the channel partners and MSPs that support them, to automate and streamline tasks, such as threat intelligence. The company also announced several enhancements to its SOAR platform for better defenses against cyber threats.
3. Funding Round: Strategic Cyber Ventures, a cybersecurity-focused venture capital firm, has announced a $1 million dollar investment into Evo Security's latest funding round. Evo Security builds enterprise-grade identity and access management products tailored for IT managed service providers (MSPs).
4. Security Partnership: Kyndryl, an IT infrastructure services provider, has formed a strategic global alliance with Palo Alto Networks to provide end-to-end network and cybersecurity services. The alliance brings together Palo Alto Networks' platform security capabilities with Kyndryl's network security services expertise to design, build, manage and modernize mission-critical networking for customers across industries.
5. Leadership Move: Agile Defense, a provider of large-scale digital transformation solutions to the Department of Defense (DoD) and other national security customers, has named Rick Wagner as its new CEO. Jay Lee, who served as CEO from 2010 to 2023, will transition to a strategic advisory role while continuing to serve on the company's board of directors.
6. Cybersecurity Training Program: Kaspersky has launched its new Cybersecurity for Executives Online Training. The training course is designed for risk management and crisis response scenarios, and also empowers business leaders to make effective, informed decisions during security incidents, the company said. The course contains 50 lessons of 3-6 minutes each and can be accessed via a cloud platform or integrated into a company’s learning management system.
7. Security Partnership: Conceal, a web security specialist, is collaborating with SentryMark, a provider of cybersecurity solutions for the Japanese market. Under the partnership, SentryMark customers will experience the security benefits of the ConcealBrowse technology.
8. Leadership Move: Saviynt, a provider of intelligent identity and access governance solutions, has appointed Jim Routh as chief trust officer. In this newly-created position, Routh will focusing on establlishing identity and access management (IAM) programs as foundational components of security and trust strategies at Fortune 500 companies to advise Saviynt and its customers.