Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS); managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Security Partnership: Cynomi, a vCISO platform provider, is collaborating with Grant Thornton UK LLP, one of the largest professional services firms in the world. The partnership will empower Grant Thornton’s virtual CISO capabilities, helping the firm efficiently scale its virtual CISO services business using Cynomi’s vCISO platform. (Source: Yahoo News)
2. Data Breach: More than a million Oregon Health Plan members are being warned they are among those affected by a global MOVEit Transfer hack. The Oregon Department of Transportation announced that 3.5 million holders of Oregon IDs or driver’s licenses were impacted. (Source: Yahoo News)
3. Cyberattack Costs Company: A cybersecurity incident will cost the Brunswick Corporation as much as $85 million, the company’s CEO has informed investors. The company announced that a cyberattack on June 13 had impacted their systems and some of their facilities. Brunswick officials did not confirm that the incident was a ransomware attack but said they were forced to stop operations in some locations while experts and law enforcement dealt with the incident. (Source: The Record)
4. Leadership Move: Securonix, a specialist in unified defense SIEM, has appointed Paul Gregory as chief people and culture officer. Gregory will be responsible for deepening the organizational talent pool, enhancing company culture and fostering collaboration across lines of business as Securonix enters its next phase of growth, the company said.
5. Security Partnership: Thales has announced a collaboration with Google Cloud to develop new data security capabilities powered by generative AI, which will enhance enterprises' ability to discover, classify and protect their most sensitive data. The partnership is part of Thales' generative AI strategy to bring new AI-driven features and experiences to users of Thales' CipherTrust data security platform, the company said.
6. Product Launch: Behavox, a provider of AI-driven compliance and security solutions, has launched Behavox Insider Threat, a product designed to address internal security risks by securing the human element within organizations. Developed in close partnership with Shawnee Delaney, CEO of Valliance Group, Behavox Insider Threat leverages large language models and generative AI.
7. Leadership Move: Oliver Tuszik has been named as president of Cisco for Europe, Middle East and Africa. Tuszik most recently held the position of senior vice president of the Cisco Global Partner Sales and Routes to Market business. Tuszik has more than 25 years of leadership experience across Europe for Cisco, as CEO of Computacenter in Germany, and in various other IT companies.
8. CISA Issues Warning: CISA has published an advisory on the common vulnerabilities and exposures (CVEs), to include associated common weakness enumeration that were routinely and frequently exploited by malicious actors last year. The joint Cybersecurity Advisory, titled “2022 Top Routinely Exploited Vulnerabilities,” provides technical background details on the 12 most exploited vulnerabilities and an overview of an additional 30 vulnerabilities often used to compromise organizations, including specific details that organizations can use to identify and mitigate their exposure.
Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- 2023 International Cybersecurity Championship and Conference (IC3) (July 31-August 4, 2023, San Diego, California)
- Black Hat (August 5-10, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)
- MSSP Alert Live (October 9-11, Washington, D.C.)