Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Leadership Move: Cloud security company Kivera has appointed Joe Lea as chief executive officer. Lea will focus on the operations as well as the strategic direction for Kivera, ensuring growth and success of Kivera’s Cloud Security Protection Platform (CSPP), the company said.
2. Black Hat Conference Names Speakers: Black Hat, August 5-10 in Las Vegas, has announced its keynote speakers: Maria Markstedter, founder of Azeria Labs; Jen Easterly, director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA); Viktor Zhora, deputy chairman of the State Service of Special Communication and Information Protection of Ukraine on Digital Development, Digital Transformations, and Digitalization; and Kemba Walden, acting national cyber director in the Office of the National Cyber Director.
3. Leadership Move: Booz Allen Hamilton announced that Tom Whitmeyer, a long-tenured NASA senior executive, has joined the firm as an executive advisor in support of its space business. Whitmeyer served as the NASA deputy associate administrator in its Exploration Systems Development Mission Directorate (ESDMD). He provided executive leadership and cross-program integration of the Space Launch System (SLS), Orion and Exploration Ground Systems (EGS) programs.
4. ECSO Adds New Member: ISACA, a global association for digital trust professionals, is joining the European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO). The membership will work to accelerate ECSO and ISACA’s shared commitment to advancing cybersecurity, fostering collaboration and driving digital trust across Europe.
5. Security Partnership: Cloud Range, a cyber range solution provider, is partnering with ActiveBytes Innovations LLC, a provider of information security solutions, to be the preferred distributor of Cloud Range products and services in the Middle East, including the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq and Egypt.
6. Women in Cybersecurity Announces Speakers Series: Women in CyberSecurity (WiCyS) has announced the launch of Speakers Spotlight, a new program designed to help women working in cybersecurity develop their public speaking skills and connect them to speaking engagements. Sponsored by strategic partner Cisco and open to any WiCyS member working professionally, the program grants free access to Innovation Women, an online platform that provides equal visibility opportunities for women and connects female professionals with speaking opportunities, podcast guest slots and expert source opportunities with journalists.
7. Product Launch: CampusGuard, a full-service cybersecurity and compliance services firm, has launched CampusGuard Central 2.0, a new release of its customer compliance portal. CampusGuard Central enables organizations to manage their PCI DSS compliance status across their entire enterprise with one easy-to-use tool, the company said.
8. Security Service Debuts: BlueSteel Cybersecurity has launched an initiative to provide comprehensive risk assessments to organizations in healthcare, government services, fintech, research and education sectors. These industry sectors can now request a thorough risk assessment, designed to evaluate their network, applications and digital infrastructure for potential vulnerabilities. Unlike a routine security check, these risk assessments provide deep insights into where their technology might be vulnerable, allowing for more proactive security measures, the company said.
Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- 2023 International Cybersecurity Championship and Conference (IC3) (July 31-August 4, 2023, San Diego, California)
- Black Hat (August 5-10, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)