Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Calling all Potential Cybersecurity Scholars: The Center for Internet Security (CIS) has created the Alan Paller Laureate Program in memory of Alan Paller, an innovative cybersecurity leader and trailblazer. The program will improve the teaching of cyber defense at every level.
2. Security Help for Schools: Identity Automation, the digital identity platform for education, and the K12 Security Information eXchange (K12 SIX), a nonprofit division of the Global Resilience Federation (GRF) that focuses on advancing cyber resilience for public school districts and private schools in the U.S., has launched a free scanning and reporting tool through the K12 SIX website.
3. Cybersecurity Partnership: ExtraHop has partnered with Binary Defense to offer Reveal(x) 360, ExtraHop’s SaaS-based network detection and response (NDR) solution, as a managed service. With this partnership, customers will have access to 24/7/365 monitoring via Binary Defense’s security operations center, the companies said. (Source: Help Net Security)
4. Russia-Ukraine Cyber War Update: Over the past year, Russia has conducted more than 2,000 cyberattacks on Ukrainian registries holding citizens’ personal data, as well as information systems of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Defense and energy sector. (Source: Ukrinform)
5. Investments Boost Lineaje: Lineaje, a software supply chain security management company, has closed a $7 million seed funding round led by Tenable Ventures. The round includes participation from other industry-leading executives and cyber technology companies, the company said. The injection of capital comes amidst Linaeje's launch of its SB0M360 software supply chain management solution, as well as a new distribution partnership with Persistent Systems.
6. Industry Award: Rancher Government Solutions has named Booz Allen Hamilton as the first recipient of its annual Innovation Partner of the Year Award for its leadership in providing DevSecOps services as well as critical technical expertise to the U.S. Air Force’s Platform One initiative.
7. Product Launch: Intel 471, a provider of cyber threat intelligence solutions, has released its suite of Attack Surface Protection solutions, specifically designed to scale and grow with the needs of security teams worldwide. The Intel 471 Attack Surface Protection suite is comprised of three offerings, enabling organizations to identify, manage and protect their digital footprint from sophisticated cyber threats, the company said.
8. Cybersecurity Company Launch: The NATO Cooperative Cyber Defense Centre of Excellence (CCDCOE) has selected the Pentagon’s Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) to lead the U.S. team in an annual cybersecurity challenge to enhance the skills of cybersecurity and IT experts. Locked Shields, the annual exercise organized by CCDCOE, is an intensive test of cyber defense skills integrated into an operational and strategic environment that sets a CCDCOE Red Team cyberattack against 24 cyber defense joint Blue Teams. (Source: MeriTalk)