Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Executive Leadership - MSSP: ThreatAdvice, an MSSP, has hired Matthew Koenig as vice president of channel development.
2. Talent - Chief Security Officer (CSO): Leidos has named Terry Phillips as senior VP and and CSO.
3. Executive Leadership - XDR: Cynet, which develops an autonomous XDR platform, has named Andy Wright as VP of sales for EMEA, and Mark Fullbrook to chief revenue officer.
4. Channel Chief - SASE and SD-WAN: Expereo has hired Vodafone veteran Ben Elms as chief revenue officer.
5. New Mexico Ransomware Attack: Bernalillo County in New Mexico suffered a ransomware attack on or about January 5, 2022, and the company has deactivated affected systems and certain network connections to investigate the attack, a statement from the county indicated.
6. FTC Targets Log4j Laggards: Here's what companies should expect amid an FTC threat to take legal action against Log4j vulnerability laggards, according to SC Media.