Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Friday, March 9, 2018:
5. That's (Not) Comforting: The top U.S. general in Europe said on Thursday that the U.S. government did not have an effective unified approach to deal with Russia’s cyber threat, according to Reuters:
4. M&A: McAfee has acquired TunnelBear, a consumer VPN company, for an undisclosed amount.
3. Hidden Cobra Attacks: A new type of Hidden Cobra attack, featuring the so-called Bankshot Implant, recently targeted the Turkish financial sector, according to McAfee's analysis. Those financial firms were targeted via spear phishing emails containing a malicious Microsoft Word document, the report says.
2. Firewalls as a Service: The Firewall as a Service Market will exceed $2.5 billion by 2024, according to a new research report by Global Market Insights. That's a 24 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR), the company say.
1. Cyber Exposure Benchmarking: Tenable Inc. has unveiled Lumin, an applications that allows CISOs to "confidently visualize, analyze and measure their organization's Cyber Exposure," the company claims. We're checking to see if MSSPs can leverage the tool for customer security assessments. We'll share more details later today.