Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one sentence or less for each item below.
- Penetrating Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, May 14, 2019.
A. Today's MSSP Alerts
1. ConnectWise - Ransomware Recovery: Ransomware caused the recent ConnectWise Manage EU outage, but no data was lost and no EU compliance issues are expected from the incident, and new security safeguards are in place, the company says.
2. CyberArk Financial Results: The privileged access security company's first quarter 2019 financial results were:
- Revenues of $95.9 million, up 34 percent compared to the corresponding quarter last year.
- GAAP net income was $13.7 million, up from $6.4 million in Q1 last year.
The figures generally beat Wall Street's expectations.
3. WhatsApp Security Breach: Facebook’s WhatsApp urged users to upgrade to the latest version of its popular messaging app after reporting that users might be vulnerable to having malicious spyware installed on phones without their knowledge, Reuters reports
4. Cyber Insurance: AXIS Capital Holdings has partnered with CyLon, a global cybersecurity start-up accelerator, to educate cybersecurity startups about the cyber insurance market, Insurance Business Magazine reports.
5. Partnership - SOC Visibility: Ixia’s CloudLens and Symantec Security Analytics now integrate with one another. The result: Security operations center (SOC) analysts gain visibility into cloud traffic for forensic investigations and swift incident response, the companies assert.
6. Partnership - Endpoint Security: InPhySec Security, an MSSP, is the first CrowdStrike partner in New Zealand to earn 'Focus Solution Provider' status. Only six CrowdStrike partners across Australia and New Zealand have earned the status.
7. Partnership - Incident Response as a Service: LIFARS, a New York City-based cybersecurity incident response and digital forensics firm, has inked an alliance with eSentire, the Managed Detection and Response (MDR) specialist. Together, the companies will offer Incident Response-as-a-Service.
8. Partnership - Secure Cloud Applications: Appian and Smartronix are partnering to deliver managed application services across Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure. The effort focuses on Impact Level 4 (IL4), a security standard for running certain federal agency applications in the cloud.
9. Partnership - DevSecOps: WhiteHat Security and Rural Sourcing Inc. are partnering to offer the SaaS-based WhiteHat Application Security Platform and Rural Sourcing’s vulnerability remediation services for DevSecOps use cases.
10. Partnerships - Managed Security: Emtec, an IT consultancy, has partnered with Cybraics and Digital Defense to further enhance the company's cyber security as a service (CSaaS) offerings. Cybraics develops nLighten, a SaaS platform that uncovers previously unknown and advanced threats. Digital Defense develops Frontline.Cloud, a Security SaaS platform that spans vulnerability management, Web application scanning, pen testing and more.
11. Managed IoT Security: Stanley Security -- part of Stanley Black & Decker -- is extending beyond commercial security systems for intrusion detection, access control, video surveillance, fire detection and 24/7 monitoring. The company has rolled out managed security services for IoT devices and applications. The effort leverages Viakoo's IoT security platform.
12. Talent: Bishop Fox, a private professional services firm focused on offensive security testing, has hired Bill Carroll as COO. He reports to Co-founder and CEO Vincent Liu, This is Bishop Fox's third major hire in recent weeks. Other key hires include Jon Rose (VP of managed security services) and Ken Green (VP of product management).
13. Cloud-based SIEM: LogRhythm has released a cloud-based version of its NextGen SIEM Platform: LogRhythm Cloud. Collecting and analyzing trillions of security events and threat indicators each week, LogRhythm enables precise detection and accelerated neutralization of sophisticated cyberthreats for SOCs across the globe, the company claims.
B. Partner Programs
1. Email Security: TitanHQ has launched the TitanShield partner program for MSPs, resellers, cloud distributors, WiFi providers, OEM partners and technology alliance partners.
Got an MSSP- or MSP-centric security partner program update? Email me the details.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
That’s what’s on our radar for today. Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.