Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Thursday, April 25, 2019.
13. Breach Lawsuit - Settlement: Washington State University recently settled a class-action lawsuit for $4.7 million, stemming from the 2017 data breach caused by the theft of some portable hard drives containing personal and health data, Health IT Security reports.
12. Cars Hacked?: A hacker broke into thousands of accounts belonging to users of two GPS tracker apps, giving him the ability to monitor the locations of tens of thousands of vehicles and even turn off the engines for some of them while they were in motion, Motherboard has learned.
11. Privacy Framework: HITRUST, a data protection standards development and certification organization, will release version 9.3 of its HITRUST CSF during the third quarter of 2019. The HITRUST CSF controls framework addresses security, privacy, and regulatory challenges facing organizations in industries such as healthcare, financial services, retail, hospitality and travel, the organization says.
10. Dark Web Index: Resecurity's six-year effort to index the dark web is on track for completion by 2020, the organization says.
9. Cyber Training: Varonis Systems, a data security and analytics specialist, has launched the Varonis Certified Administrator Training Program and the Varonis Elite Program.
7. Upgrades - SOAR: ThreatConnect, a SOAR provider, has enhanced its platform to help users build playbooks. There are also in-platform application building capabilities.
6. Partner Program - SOAR: Swimlane, a provider of security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) software, has launched a Channel Program and Technical Alliances Program. The SOAR solution is also now available on Linux with support for Docker and Kubernetes, the company says.
5. Partnership - Web Security: Qualys has partnered with the Center for Internet Security (CIS) to provide its members with built-in visibility of their externally-facing websites, certificates and SSL/TLS configurations.
4. Partnership - Risk Management & Endpoint Protection: The Bay Dynamics Risk Fabric platform now integrates with Carbon Black's next-generation antivirus (NGAV) + endpoint detection and response (EDR) solution, CB Defense.
3. Partnership - Endpoint Protection: SolarWinds MSP and SentinelOne have entered a cybersecurity partnership to address endpoint protection and response for MSPs, according to SolarWinds CEO Kevin Thompson.
2. MSSP Services: ProfitStars, a division of Jack Henry & Associates, has launched Gladiator Total Protect, a suite of managed IT, network security and compliance services for financial institutions.
1. Top 100 MSSPs – 2019 Survey: The survey is open. Participate and your company could be honored when we unveil the resulting Top 100 MSSPs list and research in September 2019.