Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, November 27, 2018.
12. Facebook Breach Investigation: The UK’s parliament has seized internal Facebook documents as part of a privacy breach probe, Technology Review reports.
11. DDoS Knowledge Base: MazeBolt Technologies has launched a Knowledge base containing DDoS threat assessment materials.
10. Imperva Buyout: Thoma Bravo's $2.1 billion buyout of Imperva has cleared a "go shop" period that allowed Imperva to seek other bids for the security company. Six firms took a close look at acquiring Imperva during the "go shop" period, and one company sent a non-binding acquisition proposal for Imperva. But ultimately, none of those parties outbid Thoma Bravo for the business.
9. NIST Digital Identity Guidelines: NIST has provided guidelines to help federal agencies implement digital identity services...
8. Router Security: Germany has proposed these router security guidelines...
7. AWS Security: CylancePROTECT now supports AWS Linux instances, the security company has confirmed.
6. Compliance: Fugue Risk Manager, a new SaaS offering, allows companies to identify compliance violations in cloud environments and automatically remediate unauthorized infrastructure changes, the company claims.
5. Vulnerability Management: Tenable's software for vulnerability management is now available for purchase on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace, the company says.
4. Network Security: Tufin, which specializes in network security policy orchestration, has launched Tufin Iris. It enables cloud operations and IT security teams to gain visibility and control of security policies for cloud-based applications, the company claims.
3. Malware Evolution: Mirai has evolved from IoT devices to Linux servers, according to Netscout Alert researchers, Dark Reading reports.
2. Top 10 Security Lists for 2019: We’re rolling out multiple Top 10 lists to help you strengthen your security posture for customers in 2019. The lists so far include…
1. MSSP Pricing Guide: We’ll share managed security pricing tips during our December webcast. Register now to join us.