Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A - Accounting and Cybersecurity Services: BPM LLP of San Francisco has acquired Adhere Inc., a consulting firm that offers security risk assessments, compliance audits and disaster recovery planning. BPM has about 600 employees. Adhere had about 10 employees ahead of the deal.
2. MSSP Growth: Forcepoint is aiming for double-digit growth in its Middle East and North Africa business as the US cyber-security company plans to expand its presence in Saudi Arabia and the UAE – the two biggest Arab economies, The National reports.
3. Fortune 500 Cybersecurity Holes: Roughly 38 percent of the Fortune 500 do not have chief information security officers (CISOs), a Bitglass research report reveals.
4. Intellectual Property - SOAR and SIEM: Siemplify, a security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) software specialist, has earned a patent related to the company's ability to group and connect cybersecurity events.
5. Baltimore Ransomware Attack Update: Baltimore's recovery from a ransomware attack now features this less-than-stellar update.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- McAfee MPOWER Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (October 1-3, Las Vegas)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 7-10, Washington, D.C.)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Mimecast Cyber Resilience Summit (October 28-30, Dallas)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.