CWSI, a combination MSP and MSSP in the Europe, is leveraging its own cashflow to reinvest more than £1M (roughly $1.16 million) in the business.
CWSI, launched in 2010, has offices in Dublin and Reading. Co-founders Conor Headon, Philip Harrison and Ronan Murphy (pictured above) have extensive experience in the telecommunications and technology sectors. The company provides consulting, professional services, managed services and security services to clientele across Ireland and the United Kingdom.
CWSI's "buy and build" strategy involves creating "a leading pan-European modern security business, funded by a mixture of reinvestment, debt and equity," a company spokesperson told MSSP Alert.
CWSI: Talent and Partnership Priorities
Among the company's key priorities, according to CWSI:
- Create 25 new jobs in the UK and Ireland, focusing on service delivery and technical consulting, by the end of 2022.
- Launch a UK apprenticeship program to encourage young people into a career in IT.
Recent business milestones, CWSI added, include:
- Joining the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA) for MSSPs and ISVs. Dozens of MSSPs worldwide have joined MISA, but CISA is the first such member representing Ireland.
- Partnering with SentinelOne to deliver endpoint detection and response (EDR) security capabilities to end-customers.
- Achieving Android Enterprise Service Provider accreditation.
CWSI: Successful Acquisition, Business Integration
CWSI has also been active on the acquisition front. The company acquired AVR for €5.2 million (roughly $6.0 million) in May 2021. Fast forward to present day, and CWSI has retained 100 percent of AVR's staff while introducing a successful cross-sell of services to each customer base, as well as integration across sales, marketing, HR and general technology, CWSI said.
We'll be watching CWSI for more growth minded moves -- including organic developments and potential acquisitions...