This week’s 10 most read MSSP Alert news stories, columns, blogs, editorials and research involved:
10. Log4j Vulnerability Scanners and Detection Tools List: A look at tools that allow MSPs and MSSPs to find and remediate associated vulnerabilities.
9. Russia-backed Hackers Bypassed MFA: Here's how they did it.
8. Top 40 Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Options: The research, the MDR players, and their various commitments to MSPs and MSSPs.
7. Top 250 MSSPs: Our annual look at the world's top managed security services providers.
6. Cisco Tackles Top Security Trends: Cisco Talos Incident Response (CTIR) shared insights on the top cybersecurity trends of 2021 & what cybercrime trends organizations should watch in 2022.
5. Accenture M&A Budget: IT consulting giant earmarks $4 billion for acquisitions this fiscal year. Yes, cybersecurity is a priority.
4. Russia-Ukraine War & Cybersecurity Updates: Russia’s invasion of Ukraine features alleged cyberattacks. Follow this Russia-Ukraine conflict timeline for cyber & kinetic warfare updates, and guidance for MSSPs worldwide.
3. Kaspersky Security Software -- Will European MSPs Choose Sides?: Kaspersky's global MSP sales grew in 2021. But the Russia-Ukraine war will test Kaspersky’s MSP partnerships. The fallout so far includes distributor Dicker Data cancelling a relationship.
2. How Lapsus$ Hacker Group Attacked Okta: The potential software supply chain fallout may extend to more than 350 customers...
1. Lapsus$ Cyberattack Victims List ... And Arrests: Microsoft, Nvidia, Okta and Samsung all got hit. But UK police have arrested some alleged culprits.