Each business day MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the MSSP, MSP and cybersecurity world.
Reaching Our Inbox:
Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected]
Today’s MSSP Alert Market News:
1. ZeroFox Sold: ZeroFox, an external cybersecurity provider, has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by Haveli Investments, a technology-focused private equity firm, in an all-cash transaction with an enterprise value of approximately $350 million. Under the terms of the merger agreement, ZeroFox stockholders will receive $1.14 per share in cash upon completion of the transaction, the companies said. Upon completion of the transaction, ZeroFox’s common stock will no longer be publicly listed on the Nasdaq Global Market, and ZeroFox will become a privately held company. This is M&A deal No. 29 that MSSP Alert and sister site ChannelE2E have covered so far in 2024. See more than 2,000 technology M&A deals for 2023, 2022, 2021 and 2020 listed here.
2. MSSP Partnership: Clearwater, a provider of cybersecurity and compliance solutions for the healthcare industry, is partnering with 1stResponder, a cybersecurity and digital forensics specialist. The partnership with 1stResponder will expand Clearwater's set of incident response services within the company's MSSP portfolio while also giving 1stResponder the ability to provide its clients with managed detection and response (MDR) services.
3. Cloud Security Launch: Qualys, a specialist in cloud-based IT, security and compliance solutions, has unveiled TotalCloud 2.0. This upgrade to Qualys' AI-powered cloud native application protection platform (CNAPP) delivers a single prioritized view of cloud risk and is the first to extend its protection to SaaS applications, the company said.
4. Phishing Protection: Horizon3.ai, a specialist in autonomous security solutions, has launched its Phishing Impact testing capability within NodeZero. This new capability in penetration testing addresses a critical gap in understanding the real-world implications of phished credentials, the company said.
5. MSP Partner Program Launces: IGEL has announced a new managed services provider (MSP) partner program and MSP service models for the IGEL platform. Designed to be easy, flexible and cost effective for MSPs looking to deliver secure managed endpoints, the partner program features both multi-tenant and single-tenant deployment options to serve varying customer requirements, the company said.
6. Security Partnership: LMG Security, a cybersecurity consulting firm, and Surefire Cyber, a cyber digital forensics and incident response (DFIR) provider, have announced a strategic partnership. The partnership provides customers of both organizations access to cybersecurity services and solutions to prevent cyber threats, as well as tech-enabled incident response services that accelerate forensic results, improve communication, and reduce business disruption, the companies said.
7. Leadership Move: AttackIQ, an independent vendor of breach and attack simulation (BAS) solutions and founding research partner of MITRE Engenuity's Center for Threat-Informed Defense (CTID), has appointed Rupen Shah as vice president of business development, channels, and alliances.
8. Post-Quantum Cryptography Alliance Forms: The Linux Foundation has launched the Post-Quantum Cryptography Alliance (PQCA), an open and collaborative initiative to drive the advancement and adoption of post-quantum cryptography. The PQCA brings together industry leaders, researchers and developers to address cryptographic security challenges posed by quantum computing