Ontinue has upgraded its ION managed eXtended detection and response (MXDR) service to help security teams accurately prevent, detect and respond to cyber threats, according to the company.
AI Powers Cybersecurity
Security teams now can utilize these ION MXDR artificial intelligence-powered skills:
- Azure OpenAI-integrated ION Chatbot lets users ask questions of ION using natural language and receive information in seconds via Microsoft Teams.
- Critical Asset Intelligence surfaces overlooked critical assets and enables Ontinue's Cyber Defenders to focus on incidents that pose the greatest risk to an organization.
- Incident Conviction AI models generatea localized conviction ratings and enable Ontinue's Cyber Defenders to quickly respond to incidents.
Tom Corn, Ontinue's chief product officer, commented on the new ION MXDR skills and how they allow security teams to utilize AI for cybersecurity:
"We believe ION IQ will help break new ground in our MXDR service around localization, automation, collaboration (and) prevention – and virtually every other aspect of securing our customers more effectively and efficiently. The three new ION IQ skills we are launching today demonstrate our commitment to utilizing AI to entirely redefine what MXDR services are capable of."
Ontinue MXDR Automates Threat Investigations and Response
Security teams can utilize Ontinue's MXDR platform to capture localized and AI-based insights, the company noted. The platform encompasses four components:
- Cyber Defender Workbench enables security teams to work with Ontinue's Cyber Defenders to detect and respond to threats.
- ION Automate engine applies full and semi-automation to threat detection, investigation and response.
- ION IQ proprietary security AI provides insights into an IT environment and any security issues that an organization faces.
- ION for Microsoft Teams lets security teams use dashboards in Microsoft Teams to access device information in real time.
Ontinue specializes in non-stop security operations (SecOps), the company indicated. It partnered with cyber risk management firm Antigen Security in June 2023 and offers a partner program for MSSPs, MSPs and other technology providers.