Qualys is acquiring TotalCloud, a cloud workflow management and no-code automation platform provider. The move could empower MSSPs with cloud automation tools for security, backup, monitoring and other use cases, MSSP Alert believes. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
This is M&A deal number 497 that MSSP Alert and ChannelE2E have covered to date in 2021.
TotalCloud has 10 employees listed on LinkedIn. According to a company descriptor, TotalCloud:
"helps cloud engineers build their own cloud management platform without the need for coding or integrating other tools. Designed to hyper-accelerate cloud management, the platform allows users to create their own “cloud recipes” in the form of interactive workflows – a logical flow of actions involving cloud management tasks and team collaboration, topped with additional features like contextual isometric visualizations for better cloud visibility."
How TotalCloud Will Automate Cloud Security Tasks
Qualys customers can use TotalCloud's platform to automate various cloud management activities, including:
Furthermore, Qualys customers can use TotalCloud to automate security activities that involve multiple cloud services, the company said. They also can leverage TotalCloud to incorporate ServiceNow and other tools into their cloud workflows and trigger security actions across myriad Qualys apps.
Qualys: MSSP Focus, Executive Leadership Updates
Meanwhile, the Qualys team now features multiple executives who have MSSP- and enterprise-class market experience. Examples include:
- Chief Revenue Officer: Allan Peters, who previously worked for Trustwave, a Top 250 MSSP.
- CEO: Thakar succeeded the late Philippe Courtot.
- Chief Marketing Officer: Andy Smith, a Centrify and Oracle veteran.
- EVP of Field Operations for Americas: David French, who has held leadership positions at Transmit Security and Kenna Security.
- VP of New Business for the U.S.: Pedro Vidal, a veteran of AttackIQ and Intel Security
- VP of Strategic Alliances and System Integrators: Andrew Barnett, a veteran of Top 250 MSSPs Deloitte and Optiv
- VP and GM for SME/SMB: Klaus Moser, a MobileIron veteran