SonicWall, a pure-channel network and firewall security company, today introduced new products and services to help organizations accelerate speed thresholds across its automated real-time data breach detection and prevention platform.
The company has unveiled the following products and services designed for use across mobile, wired and wireless networks:
- SonicOS 6.5: Offers networking and connectivity capabilities to optimize system availability and scales firewall performance to deliver consistent threat protection for all connected networks.
- SonicWall Network Security Appliance (NSA) 2650 Firewall: Delivers automated, real-time data breach detection and prevention and TLS/SSL decryption and inspection over multi-gigabit wired and Wave 2 wireless networks.
- SonicWave 802.11ac Wave 2 Wireless Access Points: Feature 4x4 MU-MIMO technology for best-in-class Wi-Fi performance, range and reliability.
- SonicWall Cloud Analytics: Deliver real-time visibility, insights and alerting for network traffic, user behavior and device activity from a centralized dashboard.
- SonicWall Secure Mobile Access (SMA) 12.1: Provides secure, policy-enforced access to email, file servers and corporate applications using federated single sign-on (SSO) to both cloud and on-premise resources from authorized devices.
With the new offerings, SonicWall ensures organizations can build smart, consistent and sound security postures and meet the speed, performance and cost-of-ownership demands of today's businesses and their end users, CEO Bill Conner said in a prepared statement.
SonicOS 6.5, NSA 2650 firewall and the SonicWave series of wireless access points are available immediately in North America and Europe, and SMA 12.1 and Cloud Analytics will be available early in the fourth quarter.
In addition to the new products and services for its automated real-time data breach detection and prevention platform, SonicWall this month announced the integration of its next-generation firewall (NGFW) with the SentinelOne Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP).
The combined SonicWall-SentinelOne solution helps organizations automate data breach detection, prevention and remediation, according to a prepared statement. It enables IT administrators to create policies to determine which individuals must run an endpoint solution on their devices, SonicWall said, and add controls to ensure that devices are running an endpoint client.
SonicWall Partner Program Milestones
SonicWall in November separated from Dell and became an independent cybersecurity company. Since that time, the company has generated three consecutive quarters of double-digit top- and bottom-line growth.
Meanwhile, SonicWall is training selected partners to offer professional services, and these partners are set to work with peer resellers and MSSPs. The company also is poised to add to its cybersecurity portfolio in the foreseeable future, Conner told ChannelE2E.