SonicWall, a network security provider selling exclusively through channel partners, has rolled out monthly firewall security services bundles for managed security service providers (MSSPs) and approved managed service providers (MSPs).
Flexible and Cost-Effective Solutions for MSPs, MSSPs
The collections, which include SonicWall's currently available security offerings, are intended to provide MSSPs and approved MSPs with flexible, cost-effective cybersecurity solutions, the company said in a prepared statement.
SonicWall MSSPs and approved MSPs can bill customers monthly for the company’s security services included in three tiers for SonicWall Generation 7 appliances:
- Threat Protection Security Suite
- Essential Protection Security Suite
- Advanced Protection Security Suite
The suites feature a range of critical firewall security services, including the Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) sandbox service, Real-Time Deep Memory Inspection as well as intrusion prevention and application control, content filtering and reporting capabilities.
SonicWall president and chief executive Bob VanKirk explained how managed security services are “critical” for organizations to defend against a changing threat landscape:
"Driven by our outside-in approach, our new monthly billing option makes it even easier for MSSPs and MSPs to offer their customers the best protection available, without the upfront investment required for an annual subscription."
A Closer Look at What SonicWall Offers
According to SonicWall, new monthly billing models align with how MSSPs and MSPs go to market and feature the following:
- With bundled firewall security services billed monthly, MSSPs and approved MSPs don’t need to worry about missing a renewal from multi-year agreements. This equals a smoother customer experience and fewer service interruptions.
- Offering a no-commit, in-arrears billing option for firewall services provides integrated billing and license provisioning, all while reducing upfront costs.
- Customers can choose to add monthly services to existing firewalls, or provision licenses on new firewalls for customer deployments.
- Each firewall security services bundle includes 24x7 SonicWall support for end customers, including a world-class online support portal.
- SonicWall simplifies monthly customer billing via supported Professional Services Automation (PSA) tools, such as ConnectWise and Autotask.
- When SonicWall Network Security Manager (NSM) licenses are added to firewall security services, partners can leverage additional management, reporting and analytics capabilities.
- The convenience of SonicWall's new MySonicWall APIs enhances execution of configuration scripts to provision standard security bundles for all customers.
- Customers can use new APIs to extend existing MSP workflow automations for end-to-end onboarding across Professional Service Automation (PSA) and Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) tools.
SonicWall's said that its monthly billing model is available now for SonicWall MSSPs and approved MSPs. SonicWall partners may apply for access via the SonicWall Partner Portal.
As Jason Carter, SonicWall chief revenue officer, explained:
"We are committed to providing MSPs and MSSPs with the technology and support they need to succeed. Our firewall security services with monthly billing will help our partners deliver advanced cybersecurity services to their customers, while also simplifying their own billing and administration processes."