Organizations now can use the Stellar Cyber Open eXtended detection and response (XDR) Platform to secure their operational technology (OT) and IT environments,
Stellar Cyber offers protection against cybercriminals who frequently attempt to exploit weaknesses and vulnerabilities identified in an IT environment to move laterally into an OT environment to launch an attack, and vice versa, the company explained in a prepared statement.
Stellar Cyber Open XDR Users Can Guard Against a Wide Range of OT and IT Threats
Open XDR users can automatically detect the following OT and IT threats:
- SCADA protocol threats
- SCADA network segmentation violations
- Network attacks
- Malicious or suspicious file transfers
- Anomalous communications
- IT-to-OT breaches
Commenting on how Open XDR users can help organizations avoid data breaches across their OT and IT environments, Sam Jones, Stellar Cyber's vice president of product management, said:
"Securing an OT environment should not be exclusively available to organizations that have embedded OT expertise in their security teams. With our platform, all customers can now reduce the risk of a widespread breach that might bring the shop floor, a utility turbine or a critical manufactory line offline."
New Stellar Cyber Partnerships: Endida, Mimecast and More
The addition of OT security capabilities to Stellar Cyber Open XDR comes after the company in 2023 announced partnerships with several cybersecurity companies, including:
- Endida, an MSSP, uses Open XDR to help its security teams onboard new customers and integrate security data sources into their operations.
- PT Mega Buana Teknologi (MBT), an Indonesia digital solutions provider, uses Open XDR to deliver network detection and response (NDR), security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) and other security services.
- Mimecast, an email security company, uses Open XDR to safeguard organizations against email-based threats.
- SecuriCentrix, an MSSP that applies Open XDR to help its security analysts detect and mitigate cyberattacks across customer environments.
- NextGen Group Philippines, a Filipino technology services group, uses Open XDR to provide its partners with insights into their customers' security posture.
Stellar Cyber Explores Technology Partnerships and Integrations
MSSPs can join Stellar Cyber's Jumpstart Partner Program to integrate Open XDR into their offerings.