Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Live Blog – Black Hat USA 2021 Conference: Track the latest Black Hat USA 2021 conference news here. MSSP, MDR and XDR updates so far involve Arctic Wolf, CrowdStrike, Exabeam, Qualys, Secureworks, XDR Alliance and more.
2. Talent - Managed AWS Security: Mission, a Top 250 Public Cloud MSP and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Consulting Partner, has hired Jarret Raim to lead and expand the company’s AWS Security and Compliance Practice. Raim previously held key MDR and managed security posts at Bitdefender and Rackspace, respectively.
3. Talent - Open XDR-as-a-Service: ReliaQuest has hired MobileIron veteran Brian Foster as VP pf product; Netscout veteran Paul Kraus as VP of engineering; and FireEye veteran Dan Wire as VP of brand and communications.
5. Canadian MSSP Services: New York-based BlueVoyant has launched BlueVoyant Canada to offer managed security services, professional services, and third-party cyber risk management, to the Canadian market. The launch arrives after BlueVoyant in 2020 acquired Managed Sentinel, a Canadian MSSP that has Microsoft Azure Sentinel cloud SIEM expertise.
6. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): GoSecure has released an enhanced MDR portal -- which allows GoSecure Titan MDR customers to "view all aspects of their MDR service," the company said. The GoSecure announcement did not mention whether the portal is multi-tenant for MSPs and MSSPs.
7. Threat Monitoring: NetWitness, an RSA business, has introduced NetWitness IoT, a SaaS-native solution that provides enterprises with "security monitoring for disparate IoT and OT devices at scale, by monitoring gateways, servers, and the attached devices for behavioral anomalies, coupled with advanced threat intelligence, to produce focused and actionable alerts," the company says.
8. Research: A stealer disguised as pirated software can grab cryptocurrencies and information while dropping malicious content, such as cryptominers, on targeted systems, new Sophos research says. For more details, see the report titled: “Trash Panda as a Service: Raccoon Stealer Steals Cookies, Cryptocoins and More,”
9. Data Breach Forensics: Cado Security, provider of the first and only cloud-native digital forensics platform, today announced the addition of memory acquisition, processing and analysis capabilities to its Cado Response platform. With Memory Forensics, security teams gain enhanced visibility and context to identify the root cause of incidents and respond to data breaches faster. Cado Security’s mission is to take the complexity out of cloud investigations. Empowering security experts with additional data sources and context is key to achieving this.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Talent - Identity and Authentication: 1Kosmos has hired ForgeRock veteran Javed Shah as VP of product management, and Splunk veteran Rich Hlavka as SVP of business development and strategic alliances.
2. Online Cyber Marketplace: Bots and Cyber Security Group LLC have launching Cybhub, an "online marketplace for curated IT ready-made solutions."
3. Cyber Organization: Orca Security has launched TransparencyInCyber.org, a new initiative to "elevate transparency and drive open discussion in the cybersecurity industry." Launch partners include BeyondTrust, Lucidum, IT Central Station, and Andy Ellis.
4. Integration - Threat Analysis: Code42 and Rapid7 InsightIDR have integrated their solutions to help customers "identify, prioritize and triage the most critical insider threat events" such as data leakage, theft or malicious attempts to conceal file exfiltration, the companies say.
5. Integrations - Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR): Nuspire, an MSSP, has introduced a managed EDR service that supports EDR technologies from Carbon Black, SentinelOne and others.
6. Partnership - Threat Intelligence: Cyware and RiskIQ have partnered to integrate "global threat intelligence automation with enriched, high-fidelity threat intelligence data to enable customers to more effectively respond to attacks," the companies say.
8. Partnership - Cyber Hiring: Pinpoint Search Group, a U.S.-based boutique executive search firm dedicated to placing tier-one talent for cybersecurity vendors, has expanded its operations globally through a strategic partnership with FiveSix Partners, a U.K.-based specialist cybersecurity recruitment company.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce 2021 (August 24-25, Houston, Texas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar