Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. AWS re:Invent 2019 News: Plenty of cybersecurity, endpoint protection, identity and access management (IAM) and data protection news surfaced at this week’s AWS re:Invent 2019 conference in Las Vegas. Track all the AWS re:Invent 2019 news here.
2. Cyber Insurance Debate: Should this massive ransomware attack be covered by existing insurance policy?
3. HIPAA and Cyber Risk Management: Clearwater has announced The Clear Advantage Program for Business Associates. The program combines cyber risk management and HIPAA compliance strategies.
5. Louisiana Ransomware Attack Update: Nearly three-quarters of Louisiana’s motor vehicle offices remained closed on December 2 as state workers continue to respond to the lingering effects of a cyberattack that hit state servers two weeks ago, Government Technology reports.
6. Talent - Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Amit Mital, CEO and founder of Kernel Labs, has joined eSentire as a strategic advisor. Mital also is a Microsoft and Symantec veteran.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. SonicWall MSSP Partner Program: SonicWall has announced a 2020 MSSP pilot program while also rolling out simplified account management, product registration, and licensing control for partners.
3. Talent: IoTSSA, the Internet of Things Security Services Association, has hired Vault America veteran Robin Miller as director of channel. Miller previously held channel- and MSP-related partner posts at N-able Technologies, Level Platforms and GMS Live Expert.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Gartner Identity and Access Management (IAM) Conference (December 10-12, Las Vegas)
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.