Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA): Rubrik has joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA), an ecosystem of independent software vendors (ISVs) and MSSPs that "have integrated their solutions to better defend against a world of increasing cyber threats."
2. Security Awareness Training for MSPs: TitanHQ has announced SafeTitan Security Awareness Training for Managed Service Providers.
7. Partner Program: VIPRE Security Group is making "significant changes" to the company’s channel-first model to "ensure the success of its partners, sales teams, and distributors." The updates include:
- Doubling the company’s channel sales team and placing them regionally to assist partners better.
- Aligning the end user sales teams to the channel organization for co-selling and collaboration.
- Opening the company’s product portfolio to "make it easier to sell the entire suite of VIPRE Security Group’s services and solutions."
- Expanding channel sales and support operations across EMEA including the DACH and Benelux regions.
VIPRE did not disclose specific channel headcount figures.
8. Identity and Access Management: SailPoint Technologies has updated its platform with AI to "speed and standardize the measurement of access risks across the organization, automating complex identity security processes, reducing both business cost and risk while improving productivity," the company said.
9. Research - Incident Response Challenges: Some stats emerged in this BlackBerry research.
10. Funding - No-Code Security Automation: Tines has extended its Series B financing round with an additional close of $55 million led by Felicis bringing the total Series B amount raised to $81 million.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- Mandiant mWise Cybersecurity Conference (October 18-20, Washington, D.C.)
- Claroty Nexus 2022 IoT Cybersecurity Conference (October 25-26, Miami Beach, Florida)
- Okta Oktane 2022 IAM Security Conference (November 8-10, San Francisco)
- Palo Alto Networks Ingnite22 (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Texas)